No need to buy accessories for St. Patrick’s Day when kids can have tons of fun making them at home. Send your little ones on a treasure hunt for that pot o’ gold wearing a designer hat.
What you need:
- Brown paper grocery bag
- Green paint
- Sponge or paintbrush
- Construction paper
- Scrap fabric, tissue paper, etc.
- Glitter, markers, crayons
- Scissors and glue
What you do:
1. Lightly sponge paint bag or use a brush depending on how long you want to wait for drying. Set aside to dry.
2. Cut black construction paper into 3” wide strips, and tape or staple ends together to create a strip long enough to wrap around the paper bag, about 30” long.
3. Cut square from yellow construction paper.
4. When your bag is dry, or close to it, gently roll up the bottom of the bag to create the brim of the leprechaun hat.
5. Glue or tape yellow “buckle” to black band and wrap around hat. Glue or tape as needed.
6. To customize, add scrap fabric, tissue paper, glitter, feathers, you name it.