Make garland for the holiday – or any day! Just change the colors and the shapes of the pipe cleaners.
What you need:
• Pipe cleaners
• Cardboard swatch (about 3 inches wide)
• Scissors, ruler
• Streamers, ribbon, or more yarn
What you do:
1. Wrap yarn around your fingers (or cardboard) about thirty times.
2. Cut yarn and leave about a foot of extra length.
3. Remove fingers (or cardboard).
4. Wrap extra length around the middle twice.
5. Tie a tight knot.
6. Cut the looped ends of each side.
7. Fluff the pom-pom.
1. Cut three same-size pieces of pipe cleaner: about five to eight inches, depending on the size of your snowflakes.
2. Make an X with two pieces and twist together in the middle.
3. Take a third piece and crisscross it through the middle and twist together
4. Spread the pieces evenly.
5. Cut six or more 3-inch pieces.
6. Find the middle of each piece and twist one piece to the middle of each longer piece until all six have a V-shape attached to it, to create a snowflake shape.
7. Lay out your garland base (yarn, ribbon, streamers, etc.) and attach pom-poms and snowflakes.
Take it further: Use paper clips or clothespins to attach photos, ticket stubs, or other lightweight memorabilia to your garland.