When it comes to kids and homemade Valentines, the trick is to keep it simple. If you’re thinking mass production, it’s best to minimize steps and supplies. These colorful postcards fit the bill perfectly
What you need:
- Washable paint in a range of colors. (Think beyond pink and red!)
- Paper (cardstock if you’re mailing USPS: 6”x 4 ¼” max.; 5”x 3 ½” min.)
- Magazines, old greeting cards
- Scissors and glue
What you do:
1. For best stamping results, use just enough paint to cover the surface of a paper plate. (Color mixing bonus: How can we make pink? Red and blue make what color?)
2. Cut heart-shaped sponge stamps in a variety of sizes.
3. Lightly press sponge in paint and onto postcard.
4. Cut out words or letters from scrap magazines to add graphic text to the postcard, or write your own verse.