What you need:
- Green tempera paint
- Cardboard egg carton
- Construction paper
- Tissue paper
- Pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
- Scissors, markers, glue and/or tape
What you do:
1. Cut cardboard egg carton in two rows and then into smaller segments.
2. Paint the top side green and set aside to dry.
3. Cut tissue paper into 2” x 5” strips.
4. Stack tissue paper strips.
5. Wrap pipe cleaner around the the middle of the tissue paper a few times, leaving loose ends at one side to create antennae.
6. Carefully separate the tissue paper, pulling apart to create wings.
7. Glue or tape on construction paper dots or other accents.
8. Ask an adult to poke holes in the head for the antennae and run pipe cleaner through from the underside.
9. Add eyes, mouth, and other details for fun.