What you need:
- Recycled cardboard
- Brown construction paper or brown paper bag
- Yarn or string
- Aluminum foil
What you do:
1. Cut two 9 x12 inch cardboard rectangles. Draw a border one inch inside on one rectangle. Cut along the line to make a window for your frame.
2. Draw a line design onto your frame. Trace your lines with glue and then apply string or yarn to the glue lines.
3. Apply glue to the cardboard in areas surrounding the string. Cover your frame with aluminum foil and press firmly to reveal your design.
1. Cut one piece 9×12 inch brown construction paper or brown paper bag.
2. Place your frame on top of the brown construction paper and trace the inside window.
3. Draw a picture of yourself with crayons or pastels. Draw only in the space where you traced the frame window.
4. Glue your frame on top of your self-portrait then glue your portrait to the other whole piece of cardboard.
5. Glue, tape or staple a piece of string across the back of your portrait.
6. Hang your patriotic self-portrait.