Make fantastic cards and unique gifts with this creative process that starts with photographic images.
What you need:
• Plexiglass, acetate sheet, or flat and smooth linoleum square
• Photos of yourself, friends, and family
• Water-based print-making ink or acrylic paint
• Print-making brayer (roller)
• Multiple-medium paper
• Pen or other stylus
What you do:
1. Make photocopies of pictures.
2. Apply a dime-size drop of ink or paint to plexiglass.
3. Use the brayer to roll out ink evenly.
4. Place sheet of paper down on inky surface.
5. Place photocopy on paper.
6. Trace the photo with your pen or stylus. The pressure of the drawing tool picks up a line of ink on the paper as you trace.
7. Pull up a corner to see the effect.
8. Finish tracing and remove from plexiglass. When the paper is peeled off the plate, the print appears on the paper.
OPTION: Apply color wash to paper and allow to dry before creating your print.