With supplies from around the house and their imaginations, your kids can craft these fun pencil toppers and get ready to head back to school!
What you need:
- Paper towel or toilet paper tube, or other cardboard material
- Construction paper
- Scissors, markers, crayons, stickers, glue and/or tape
What you do:
1. Cut a 2”x 1” rectangle from your tube or other cardboard. (This will serve as a base for your pencil topper design.)
2. Cut another longer strip (2” x ½”).
3. Cut construction paper into a design of your choice, sized to mount on the base: hearts, suns, balls, stars, etc.
4. Glue or tape your design onto the rectangular cardboard base.
5. Roll the cardboard strip into a ring that fits snugly around the top of your pencil.
6. Glue the cardboard ring to your decorated cardboard base.
7. Slide the cardboard ring over the top of your pencil and show off your well-dressed pencil.