The annual Virginia Home Show (vahomeshow.com) returns to Richmond in January! This year’s show features more than 125 home improvement experts, craftspeople, and exhibitors, including remodeling contractors and kitchen, bath, and landscape designers, all ready to help you successfully complete your next project and get ready for spring home improvement. The Virginia Home Show, January 25 and 26, 2020 at the Farm Bureau Center at Meadow Event Park in Doswell, is a one-stop-shop for everything for the home, from tile backsplashes, granite countertops, and patio rooms, to custom cabinetry, grilling systems, walk-in pantries, hot tubs and swimming pools and much more.
In the next three months, roughly 75 percent of homeowners are planning to take on one or more projects, according to the Home Improvement Research Institute. Meanwhile, interest in home remodeling is projected to increase through 2021. With future home improvement projects clearly on the minds of many, attendees can find all of the ideas, inspiration, and in-person advice they need to get started, while exploring the latest in home building, design, and remodeling, all under one roof at the Virginia Home Show. So what’s trending this year? Whether you’re renovating your kitchen, adding a stylish new deck, or converting your attic into a bedroom, here are a few exhibitor trends that you’ll see at the show:
1. Make Your Home an Oasis: Rockville, Va.-based Smallwood Renovations goal? Helping homeowners enrich the home living experience. From decks, gutters, and roofing to windows, doors, and siding, Smallwood’s home improvement products and services take homes to the next level of comfort. And you won’t find a metro-Richmonder from Goochland to Chesterfield who doesn’t love a porch – Smallwood’s team can tell you how to incorporate that classic element of southern architecture to your home. (smallwoodrenovations.com)
2. Boost Home Efficiency: Need to replace your HVAC system in prep for summer? Want to reduce energy costs or improve indoor air quality? Thinking of going green and using solar to power your home? Ashland, Va.-based Herman W. Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling – family owned and operated – can help. MUST-DO: Ask them how their home energy audits can increase your home’s efficiency. (hermanallenplumbing.com)
3. Refresh Your Kitchen Cabinets: Looking for an affordable alternative to the high cost of kitchen cabinet replacement or refacing? You don’t have to scrap a perfectly usable set of cabinets, especially when your existing ones can be reborn with the modern, appealing look and feel of a brand-new custom-designed set. Chesterfield-based ReFresh Cabinets can explain to show attendees how to transform mediocre cabinets into extraordinary ones. (refreshcabinets.com)
4. Partner with a Home Remodel Expert: As mentioned, homeowners are remodeling more than ever – but it can be an overwhelming process, especially if you’ve ever thought about DIY-ing. That’s why Mechanicsville-based Trinity Renovations, Inc. focuses on service – when you take on a bathroom or kitchen remodel, they’ll be right there helping you decide on tile, order cabinets, or pick out fixtures. They handle the details start to finish, sharing what today’s home consumer wants – that ‘how-to’ knowledge. (trinityrenovationsinc.com)
5. Tackle that Electrical Project: From routine repairs to complex service and wiring upgrades, Smartwire 360, which has been serving metro Richmond for 30+ years, will be at the show to answer homeowner questions about residential electrical service and new construction wiring. Whether its wiring for a new, high-tech appliance or reducing home energy use that can be accomplished through electrical work, Smartwire has the solutions. (smartwire360.com)
Also at the 2020 Virginia Home Show, attendees can experience these special home show features:
• The Marketplace: Make your house a home – shop wines, gourmet foods, and home décor!
• Hero Day: Sunday, January 26 is “Hero Day”! All active and retired military and fire and police personnel get FREE ADMISSION into the show – simply show valid ID at the Box Office.
• Shop, Compare + Save: Shop “show specials” and gather knowledge from hundreds of experts in remodeling, kitchen, bath, décor, flooring and much more to be announced!
ABOUT THE VIRGINIA HOME SHOW The Virginia Home Show presented by Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling at the Farm Bureau Center at Meadow Event Park is January 25-26, 2020, featuring more than 125 home improvement experts under one roof. Discover the latest in home design, remodeling, renovation and improvement, meet local specialists and designers, and shop, compare, and save with our trusted exhibitors! On the web at vahomeshow.com and on Facebook at facebook.com/RichmondHomeShows.
Enter to win a family 4-pack of tickets from RFM HERE.