The second annual Midtown State Fair returns to Libbie Mill Midtown at Libbie Mill Lake Sunday, July 16, from eleven to four o’clock.
An afternoon of old-fashioned fun with an unconventional twist will include cake/bake walks, farmer grill-offs with Virginia beef, square dancing, live music, specialty food fare, and more.
Competitions will include an adult and kid’s culinary spelling bee, tin-foil origami, an human chicken impersonating contest, pickle-face making (bring us your best sour face!), a pretty-as-a-peach pie/cake bake-off, and a perfect pickle-making contest.
Sample farm produce from Tricycle Gardens (the event’s beneficiary), specialty Virginia food products, craft beer, wine and sodas, as well as signature dishes from local restaurants including Shagbark, Rappahannock, and Mama J’s.
Midtown State Fair attendees will also receive a special discount code to use when Fire, Flour and Fork tickets go on sale August 1.
Inside the Tent…
- Pretty as a Peach Pie or Cake Judging, Enter in advance here 11:30 a.m.
- Kids’ Culinary Spelling Bee Noon
- Perfect Pickle Making Contest Judging, Enter in advance here 12:30 p.m.
- Old-Fashioned Bake Walk No. 1 – 1:00 p.m.
- Adult Culinary Spelling Bee – 2:00 p.m.
- Old-Fashioned Bake Walk No. 2 – 3:00 p.m.
Outside the Tent…
- Virginia Beef Farmers’ Cook-off Round 1 – 11:30 a.m.
- Chicken Impersonating Contest – 12:30 p.m.
- Virginia Beef Farmers’ Cook-off Round 2 – 1:00 p.m.
- Aluminum Foil Origami Contest – 2:00 p.m.
- Virginia Beef Farmers’ Cook-off Finale – 2:30 p.m.
- Pickle Face Contest 3:30 p.m.