Provided by Covington Travel Authorized Disney Vacation Planner
From basic to specific, here are some practical strategies to help your family get the most out of your Disney vacation:
1. Book early!
2. Plan, plan, plan! There is a lot of work that goes into planning your Disney experience to make it worry-free and fun-filled.
3. Always take advantage of the meal plan, stay on property, and try not to rush through the experience.
4. Always keep in mind that there are different areas for different ages.
5. Take advantage of the early entrance by staying on-site at Disney.
6. Unless you are taking a 3-week vacation, you cannot see everything. Please, don’t try! This is exactly why there are so many returning guests.
7. Disney offers a weekly schedule either online or at each park. It lists any attractions that have unusual opening or closing times, parades, shows, and where and when to find the characters who are posing for pictures and signing autographs. This will give you the opportunity to find the character greeting spots (or ask about alternate indoor locations if it is raining) and get to one of the early sessions before the lines get too long.
8. Hit a park first thing in the morning, and come back to your hotel after lunch for a nap or some pool time. Then go back to the park for evening fun. The kids get some needed rest (as do Moms and Dads!), and you’re refreshed and ready to enjoy the nighttime entertainment and fireworks.
9. Make reservations for character dining at lunchtime instead of dinner, and you’ll have a better chance of getting the time you prefer. Plus, mid-day meals are priced lower than evening options.
10. When wake-up calls from a Disney character come, have your phone set on speaker so everyone is awakened by the character.
11. When visiting the Animal Kingdom, do the Safari first-thing. Head straight to the back of the park and get on with no line so you don’t have the long wait later in the day.
For even more information, you might enjoy this helpful post from Covington’s Travel Maestro.
Walt Disney World Resort is the iconic theme park that inspires childlike wonder, spontaneous laughter and pure delight in visitors of all ages. Since the resort opened in Orlando, Florida in 1971, a visit there has been a rite of passage for generations of children and families…