Looking for the perfect family gift this year? Here are ten reasons a Family Membership to the Science Museum of Virginia is a great idea (and how to package it).
10. Membership can pay for itself in as little as two visits – it’s a no-brainer!
9. Free guest passes for those times grandma and grandpa come to visit or you have extra kids in tow – or a ready-made teacher’s gift!
8. Free admission to 300 science and technology centers around the world – WOW!
7. Discounts in the café and their really cool gift shop!
6. Discounted tickets for the Dome – the movies in The Dome are amazing!
5. A portion of your membership expense may be tax deductible!
4. Can you say up-close member-only parking spots?
3. Science After Dark – these events are packed full of fun things to do, including Cosmic Expeditions in the Dome, stargazing with the Richmond Astronomical Society, and a movie!
2. The visiting exhibitions are ever-changing, as are the activities and events, so coming back to the Museum over and over again will never get boring!
1. And this is the inspiration for this post: I forget from one year to the next just how incredible The Polar Express is on the Dome screen. I literally teared up a few times at the sheer magnificence of it all, and I thought to myself, “This members-only event makes the entire membership, already a great value, totally worth it!” (It didn’t hurt that we were all in our pajamas – after all, it is a Polar Express Pajama Party, complete with cookies and hot chocolate, crafts, and even visits with Santa!) Wrap up a Polar Express “Believe” silver bell ornament with a golden ticket, and you have yourself a gift to excite the whole family, one that lasts the whole year long and will create many memories that will last a lifetime.
For membership details, visit the Science Museum of Virginia.