Producer Jeffrey Seller of Nederlander National Markets and Broadway In Richmond announced today that single…
- Summertime event features culinary creations, a parade, entertainment, and arts and culture from six countries
- Special operating hours during Grand Carnivale: noon to 8 p.m. July 17 through August 1
Kings Dominion’s larger-than-life cultural event, Grand Carnivale, returns to the park with more extravagant sights, delicious international cuisine, a lively parade and more, select dates July 17 through August 1.
The King of Carnivale kicks off the event each evening at 4:00 p.m. Guests are invited to enjoy crafts and games, live music, astounding entertainment and more from India, Italy, France, China, Spain and Germany. Grand Carnivale is included with park admission. Authentic, delicious food and drink will be available from each country for an additional cost. Around the Eiffel Tower guests can enjoy:
- Tastes of Carnivale: Guests can take their taste buds on a trip around the world as they sample up to 24 dishes such as General Tso Egg Rolls from China, Dulce de leche Churros from Spain and even a Spaghetti Cone from Italy. Guests can purchase a Tasting Card online in advance or at the park to redeem delights from any of the six countries on the day of their visit, or purchase food a la carte.
- Signature Drinks: Quench your thirst with signature cocktails and mocktails served in a light-up souvenir cup.
- Crafts & Challenges: Kids of all ages are invited to create their own festive masks, dazzling crowns, glittering tiaras and more for the Spectacle of Colors Parade and challenge their friends to classic amusement park games. Looking for an adventure? In our international scavenger hunt, guests will travel to each country and snap QR codes to help Alligator King Mardi P. Gras deliver invitations to his friends around the world.
- Cultural Performances: Enjoy a vibrant variety of thrilling live entertainment at the Grand Bandstand. Featuring an international showcase of musicians, acrobats, dancers, and singers, The King and Queen of Grand Carnivale have searched the world to bring you the finest acts of cultural celebration!
Each evening of the event at 7:00 p.m., the Spectacle of Color interactive light parade begins at Twisted Timbers, complete with six larger-than-life floats and authentic music. Nearly 100 mesmerizing street performers will dazzle guests and invite them to join in the fun as the parade winds its way through the park and concludes at the base of the Eiffel Tower.
As the parade comes to a close, the night picks up with The Royal Dance Party and the Royal Finale. Join our house D.J. and stage performers as they turn up the energy with international music, magic and merrymaking until the park closes.
Reservations for Season Passholders or dated single-day tickets purchased in advance online are required.
Guests can experience all of the fun and thrills this season, including season-long access to enjoy Grand Carnivale, Halloween Haunt and WinterFest, with a 2021 Gold Season Pass.