Producer Jeffrey Seller of Nederlander National Markets and Broadway In Richmond announced today that single…
It’s fair-style fun with a city twist at Midtown State Fair, Sunday, August 6 from eleven to four at Libbie Mill around Libbie Lake. Count on old-fashioned cake and kale walks, farmer cook-offs, heirloom tomato tastings, square dancing that rocks, culinary spelling bees, chicken impersonating, pickle-face making and more with free family events all day.
Inside the Tent
- Very Berry Pie (Judging) Enter here – 11:30 a.m.
- Kids’ Culinary Spelling Bee – 12:00 p.m.
- Super Salsa Making (Judging) Enter here – 12:30 p.m.
- Old-Fashioned Bake Walk No. 1 – 1:00 p.m.
- Adult Culinary Spelling Bee – 2:00 p.m.
- Square Dancing – 2:20 p.m.
- Old-Fashioned Bake Walk No. 2 – 3:00 p.m.
Ongoing: heirloom tomato tasting, still life with fruit demos with Crossroad Art Center artists, vendors such as Little House Green Grocery, Itty Bitty Press, Dayum That’s my Jam, Agriberry, Mama J’s, Rappahannock River Oysters, Birdie’s Pimento Cheese, Caromont Cheese, Real Richmond Food Tours, Fire, Flour & Fork, Tricycle Gardens, Oil & Vinegar, Craft Brew Bread, The Valentine and more.
Outside the Tent
- Scariest Gourd (or any vegetable) Contest – 11 a.m.
- The Featles & The Fringe – 11am to 2pm
- Farmers’ Cook-off Round 1 – 11:30 a.m.
- Chicken Impersonating Contest – 12:30 p.m.
- Farmers’ Cook-off Round 2 – 1:00 p.m.
- Watermelon Seed Spitting Contest – 2:00 p.m.
- Farmers’ Cook-off Finale – 2:30 p.m.
- Pickle Face Contest – 3:30 p.m.
Ongoing: Vendors include Sugar Soiree, Gelati Celesti, King of Pops, Boka Tako, Mean Birds. Plein Air Painting from Crossroads Art Center, Animals from Wandering Cow Farms, salsa dancing from Latin Vintage and more.