Because of increasing demand for COVID-19 testing given the high level of transmission of COVID-19 in our communities, Richmond and Henrico Health Districts (RHHD) has added two additional testing events to occur this week. In total, RHHD will hold five COVID-19 testing events that offer PCR tests. Additionally, a total of six vaccination and testing events will have at-home tests available for pick up for community members.
All events are walk-in and are first come first served while supplies last. The event dates, times, and locations are listed below. RHHD will monitor the weather and will update the public if any events are cancelled or postponed due to winter weather conditions.
COVID-19 PCR testing events:
- 1/4/22 (Tu), Second Baptist Church (3300 Broad Rock Blvd), 9:00am-11:00am
- 1/5/22 (W), Eastern Henrico Recreation Center (1440 Laburnum Ave), 9:00am-1:00pm
- 1/5/22 (W), Highland Springs Community Center (16 S Ivy Ave), 3:00pm-6:00pm
- 1/6/22 (Th), Southside Plaza WIC Office (509 East Southside Plaza), 2:00pm-6:00pm
- 1/7/22 (Fr), Diversity Thrift (1407 Sherwood Ave), 1:00pm-3:00pm
Pick up at-home antigen test events:
- 1/4/22 (Tu), Second Baptist Church (3300 Broad Rock Blvd), 9:00am-11:00am (test event) and 3:00pm-6:00pm (vaccination event)
- 1/5/22 (W), RHHD Henrico West Clinic (8600 Dixon Powers Dr), 9:00am-10:45am (vaccination event)
- 1/5/22 (W), Eastern Henrico Recreation Center (1440 Laburnum Ave), 1:00pm-4:00pm (vaccination event)
- 1/5/22 (W), Highland Springs Community Center (16 S Ivy Ave), 3:00pm-6:00pm (test event)
- 1/6/22 (Th), RHHD Downtown Clinic (400 E Cary St), 1:00pm-3:00pm (vaccination event)
- 1/7/22 (Fr), Diversity Thrift (1407 Sherwood Ave), 1:00pm-3:00pm (test event)
“We understand that a lot of folks want to get tested right now, whether it’s because they are experiencing symptoms or have been recently exposed,” explains Jessica Coughlin, emergency planner at RHHD. “We’re hopeful these events will bring peace of mind to a lot of individuals and help them navigate taking care of themselves and keeping others safe.”
Three of the events will be operated by RHHD staff and volunteers and two of the events will be operated by VDH contractor NextMolecular. The events are also made possible through community partners sharing their space.
For more information on COVID-19 testing and vaccination opportunities in the Richmond and Henrico communities, visit RCHD.com or call 804-205-3501.
About Richmond and Henrico Health Districts: RHHD are sister public health agencies serving Richmond’s and Henrico’s communities. Our mission is to expose and address the root causes of health disparities, protect health by preventing the spread of disease, and build health equity by partnering with communities and working collaboratively across sectors.