What will you find at the Midtown Fair, Sunday, August 26, at Libbie Mill-Midtown from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.? Old-fashioned cake and kale walks, farmer cook-offs, heirloom vegetables, aluminum foil origami, culinary spelling bees for adults and kids, chicken impersonating, pickle-face making, music and more at this third annual event at Libbie Mill-Midtown around the lake.
Two contests, each with a $100 cash prize and bragging rights, include the NO-CUKES Pickling Contest, judged by a panel of experts, as well as the TOMATO PIE OR CAKE (yes, cake!) Contest. Each recipe must include one Sauer’s spice or extract. For these contests, you must submit your original recipe in advance via the website by Friday, August 24, and you’ll be notified if you are a finalist on Sunday
Shop for fresh-from-the-farm produce, savory, and sweet food trucks, including Mean Bird and River City Wood Fire Pizza and craft beer and other delights will be for sale.
Midtown State Fair attendees will receive a special discount code for tickets to November 3 classes and talks during Fire, Flour, and Fork, and to the Around the World, Around the Lake event at Libbie Mill-Midtown on November 2.
Inside the Tent
- Top Notch Tomato Pie or Cake Judging,
Enter in advance 11:30 a.m.
- Kids’ Culinary Spelling Bee Noon
- No Cukes Pickle Contest Judging,
Enter in advance 12:30 p.m.
- Old-Fashioned Bake Walk No. 1 1:00 p.m.
- Adult Culinary Spelling Bee 2:00 p.m.
- Old-Fashioned Bake Walk No. 2 3:00 p.m.
Outside the Tent
- Farmers’ Cook-off Round 1 11:30 a.m.
- Chicken Impersonating Contest 12:30 p.m.
- Farmers’ Cook-off Round 2 1:00 p.m.
- Aluminum Foil Origami Contest 2:00 p.m.
- Farmers’ Cook-off Finale 2:30 p.m.
- Pickle Face Contest 3:30 p.m.