Producer Jeffrey Seller of Nederlander National Markets and Broadway In Richmond announced today that single…
Local child treated for cancer at Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU hosts a LemonAid stand to support the hospital helping her!
This weekend (July 14-16), children, families, and businesses throughout Central Virginia will help local kids with cancer at Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU (CHoR) by setting up Anthem LemonAid stands. The event is in the second and final year of a $250,000 commitment to the Infusion Center in CHoR’s Hematology and Oncology Clinic, where children with cancer receive chemotherapy, blood transfusions, and immune system boosting infusions.
Close to 800 stands will be hosted throughout the community, including the stand hosted at by 7-year-old Caroline Morris, who is currently being treated at CHoR for acute lymphoblastic leukemia, at Carytown Kroger.
Registration for Anthem LemonAid will close Friday, July 14 at 10am so there is still time to sign up. Stands will be active July 14-16, and can be found at Kroger, Walgreens, Walmart, area businesses, childcare centers, and neighborhoods, in addition to select businesses on Lakeside Avenue. In addition to the stands located throughout the community, donations can be made online by clicking here.
Along with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, other event sponsors include Children’s Hospital Foundation, Credit Union Cares Foundation of Virginia, RVA Primrose Schools, Virginia Credit Union, Kroger, Walgreens, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Lakeside Avenue Business Association, CBS 6, Richmond Family Magazine and RichmondMom.com. Great gratitude goes out to these partners who contribute to the success of Anthem LemonAid year after year.
For a complete list of registered Anthem LemonAid stands in Central Virginia, visit our LemonAid Stand List.
Other great stands to visit over the weekend include:
Friday, July 14
- The Heights Church – stand located at the Carytown Kroger (3507 West Cary Street, Richmond) from 10am-2pm
- Mango Salon (11118 West Broad Street, Glen Allen; 123 Libbie Avenue, Richmond; 1300 Gaskins Road, #B, Henrico) from 10am – 4pm
- Hertz Investment group – stand located at the Riverfront Plaza (901 East Byrd Street, Richmond) from 11am-2pm
Saturday, July 15
- Sportsbackers – stand located at 100 Avenue of Champions, Richmond from 7:30am – 8:00am
- Richmond Family Magazine located at the West End Farmers Market (12450 Gayton Road, Richmond) from 8am-12pm
- Micah Wayland (a family stand) – located at the Staples Mill Kroger (9000 Staples Mill Road, Henrico) from 10am-2pm
Sunday, July 16
- Campbell Brandt (a family stand) –located at the Brandermill Kroger (13201 Rittenhouse Drive, Midlothian) from 10am-2pm
- Chase and Jake Kilpatrick ( a family stand) – located at the Creighton Crossing Kroger (6335 Mechanicsville Turnpike, Mechanicsville) from 10am-2pm
- Maddie and Abby Powell ( a family/neighborhood stand) – located at the Atlee Kroger (9351 Atlee Road, Mechanicsville) from 2pm-6pm