Operation Christmas Child will collect shoeboxes in November for needy children throughout the world. The…
Every October, Virginia Physicians for Women promotes Breast Cancer Awareness Month and local organizations that support the fight against breast cancer. As women’s health providers, we know that educating our patients about breast health and providing access to routine screening mammograms saves lives by detecting breast cancer earlier, when it is more treatable. We also want to get involved and support local organizations that are funding breast cancer research, raising spirits, and helping to build awareness of this disease that affects one in eight women by age 75.
Check out VPFW’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month activities at VPFW.com to find out all the ways you can participate with us – and have a chance to win great prizes in our Pink Purse Raffle!
- VPFW is committed to improving the breast health of all women. During the month of October, we partner with Radiology Associates of Richmond to offer a limited number of free mammograms for women who are uninsured. Call us at 804-897-2100 to schedule your mammogram at one of the four VPFW locations that offer mammography services. Spots are limited.
- Caps for Cancer and Cards for a Cause are initiatives started by VPFW patient Suzie Adams to collect new or homemade hats, scarves, and uplifting greeting cards for patients at local cancer treatment centers. We collect items at all VPFW locations throughout October, and everyone who donates gets entered into our Pink Purse Raffle.
- Every year, VPFW has a fundraising page to raise donations for Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation, an organization that supports breast cancer research and advocacy. Donate to VPFW’s fundraising page by Oct. 31 to be entered in our Pink Purse Raffle.
- Every year, VPFW sponsors the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K, and we love having patients and friends join our team. Walk with us on Sunday, October 16, at Libbie Mill and be entered in our Pink Purse Raffle. Keep your eyes peeled for our Pink Ribbon Scavenger Hunt throughout the course.
- Get 15% of your Initial ThermiVa Treatment when you call us to schedule during Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Since ThermiVa is a wonderful non-hormonal, painless option for vaginal rejuvenation for breast cancer survivors, we are raising awareness with a special offer during Breast Cancer Awareness Month. You don’t have to be a breast cancer survivor to receive this special ThermiVa price.
- Help us spread the word that #MammogramsSaveLives. Post a photo of yourself in pink and tag VPFW on Facebook or Instagram with hashtag #MammogramsSaveLives by Oct. 31 to be entered in our Pink Purse Raffle. You can also remind your female friends and family that by age 40, they should start having annual screening mammograms. It could save their lives!
Go to vpfw.com/BreastCancerAwarenessMonth to learn how you can help VPFW raise awareness, donations, and spirits in the fight against breast cancer.