The Children’s Museum of Richmond (CMoR) is bringing play outside of its walls in 2023.…
Reviewed by Robyn Davis
Family bonding time should not be taken for granted. It is so important to make time for the ones you love and to be with them. Letting loose and having fun together creates lifetime memories. The Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center has many opportunities for family fun awaiting you with their SummerFest package.
1. Experience the new Capt’n Bones Buccaneer Breakfast show at Pienza Marketplace, the atrium restaurant. Eat breakfast with the pirates and enjoy some fun and games. The food is delicious and there is no shortage of it. From cereals and yogurts, to waffles and omelets, they have it all! Plus the kids will love the funny stories, reenactments, and of course the treasure they receive at the end! Argh!
2. Pirates at the pool? How cool! Your kids will be so excited to see the Pirate Pool Invasion take place. The Junior Size Olympic pool provided hours of fun on its own. But throw in some pirates on the splash pad and now you have a party! My kids loved playing the pirates games and getting the fun treasure chest/skull tattoos.
3. The Summer Light Laser show is amazing! Located in the Atrium, watch the area come to life with the all-new spectacular show. You will love the beautiful kaleidoscope of colorful lasers and the dancing fountain, all synchronized to fun music! My kids were mesmerized and loved seeing the lights dance to songs they knew!
4. A Scavenger Hunt that the whole family can do! Grab yer’ looking glass and treasure map as you venture through our garden Atrium to help find the captain’s parrots that have escaped. Follow the clues and search high and low to discover 7 of these feathered friends. My kids loved looking for the parrots and seeing who could find them first.
5. There was a prefect mix of fun activities and relaxation planned. We enjoyed having fun things for the kids to do, but we also enjoyed lounging by the pool, and ordering rooms service. This resort has a spa, a gorgeous pool, and a large shaded patio – a draw for both parents and kids.
The beauty and grandeur of the Gaylord National provides a fun, yet relaxing stage for the perfect family getaway. My husband and I enjoyed the hands-on adventures, mixed in with sitting back and watching the kids play. It was fun to make new memories this summer at the Gaylord National during Summerfest.