Canterbury Community Nursery School
Our philosophy of educating children is based on the learning theories of Jean Piaget. He demonstrated that children learn best when they are experiencing the world around them. Canterbury is committed to providing children with the tools and guidance they need to learn. We view teachers, children and facilities as a partnership in helping the whole child develop intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically.
- Year Established: 1978
- Year Accredited: 1998
- Is a not-for-profit, school for children ages: 16 months to 5 1/2 years old
- Current Enrollment: 125 children
- Program Hours: Jr. Kindergarten and Pre-Kindergarten 8:00 am to 12:00 pm Full Day Jr. Kindergarten 8:00 am to 2:00pm and
- Preschool 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Early Morning Drop Off: 7:30 am, Monday through Friday
- Afternoon Enrichment 12:00 – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
- Teacher/Child Ratios: See Programs Information
- Registration Deadlines: Registration forms are accepted throughout the year
- School Term: September through May
Canterbury has been part of the Richmond educational community for over 30 years. We are a not for profit (501(c)3) secular preschool, dedicated to providing high-quality programs for children ages 16 months to 5 ½. We believe in partnering with families, working together to meet the developmental needs of children.
We recognize and respect children as unique individuals – each with varied learning styles and developmental needs.
Let us know how we can help you on your journey to finding the best preschool for your family.