You’re a collector and that’s awesome! You have stunning stones, sea glass, and shells from your beach trip. You even saved the minerals and rocks from that third-grade field trip to the mines. Here’s why: You can create original wrapped pendants using these natural objects.
What you need:
• 20- or 18-gauge wire from craft store; use any color including copper or silverplated.
• Wire snips
• Needle-nose pliers
• Shells, stones, sea glass, minerals
• String, yarn, or leather
What you do:
1. Untwist wire from roll.
2. Using the pliers, make a small loop at the end of the wire.
3. With wire snips, cut a 12- to 14-in length of wire.
4. Place the loop where you want the object to hang and extend the wire down the back of the object you’re wrapping.
5. Shape and bend the wire to your object by wrapping from the back to the front.
6. Wrap the object the way you like it.
7. Now wrap towards the top where you placed the loop.
8. Twist the wire around the loop and pinch tightly. Snip extra wire off if necessary.
9. String the pendant on leather, nylon, string – whatever fits through the wire loop. You can also hang your creation from a chain.
Take it further:
Create a set of wrapped stones and connect them for a bracelet. Design a mobile or wall-hanging around wrapped shells. Craft original ceiling fan pulls or Christmas tree ornaments, and give them as gifts.